Saturday, January 3, 2009

Keeping Dates Straight

Keeping Dates Straight

Some of you may already know this about me, but I'm not very good with keeping days straight. They sort of bleed into one another. Perhaps this has something to do with the calendars I keep. In stead of having one that serves a point or function of keeping me organized, I generally look for the one with the silliest theme or is just plain and simply the oddest one out of the bunch.

Last year I had a free Horizon Organic Dairy calendar. It provided me with 12 months filled with cows grazing to admire. It offered me inspiration to drink more milk and to aspire to one day be a cow. They have it easy. Eat grass all day and get your utters pulled on daily. Aside from get grounded up and eaten as a burger, they had it made. It was a strange calendar and I'm a little sad that I can not put it up without looking like a strange person.



For 2009 I'm taking it back old school. Canadian Club sent me a calendar to use. Each month has vintage pictures of what your daddy would have looked like if he was a number one playa. As well as offering strange holidays to be noted such as Tom Selleck and Tom Selleck's mustache's birthday on the 29th of this month. I also didn't know that the 23rd is National Pie Day. I'm going to make sure that I have some GOOD key lime pie in my hands then.

I used to always get the daily calendar. Either a George Carlin or Far side calendar was on my desk on any given year but after a couple of months I would stop keeping up with it and soon I would have to peal off 10 to 15 pages at a time. I have enough to do in one day, planning out when I was going to remove days wasn't one of them. Especially not after I cheated and looked ahead into them to see what the next couple of days said. It was just a bad influence altogether.


These new and old calendars got me thinking as to what

I also hated how they would usually lump Saturday and Sunday into the same page. Just because it's the weekend doesn't mean I should get cheated out of a page to look at. It was making my weekends look shorter than they were. That's not a visual I want to think of. How could you equate my weekend to the same page size as boring ass Monday?! HUH CALENDAR! HUH?!

Um.. yeah. So perhaps with this new calendar with fun filled facts like when Abe Vigoda's birthday is and when Cabaret opened. In case I'm leavin you in the dark, i'ts the 24 and 13 of February.

No comments: