Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Feeling Burned

Feeling Burned

For the last few days I've been feeling very tired. If you know me at all, you would know that I'm one to stay up late. If not for anything other than a simple matter of writing and enjoying the night. What happened to me? Now I'm feeling tired when Conan comes on at 11:30 and maybe it's just my mind still getting used to his move down an hour. Usually him being on from 12:30-1:30 signals the end of my broadcasting day.

Or perhaps it's just that I'm tired from my trip. Yeah, maybe that's it. You know when you sometimes need a vacation from your vacation? Something like that. But I just realized that today is the 15th anniversary of O.J's famous bronco ride.



Wow, Larry King looks only slightly older than dirt in that clip. But that's not the point of all this. I mean, the whole O.J. thing was not even an issue. I didn't care about it. Mainly because I was busy catching on fire.

You see, it was 15 years ago today that my leg caught completely on fire. And the story is not known by many. But for the longest time I didn't wear shorts cause I had this huge scar on my leg. So how did I get the burn? Let's just say I was a liar liar and my pants caught on fire due to me trying to stomp out a fire. Let's just say that converse aren't the best tool to use in the process of putting out a fire.

That day was a pretty long one. You see my parents were out of town and when my burned and in pain self was taken to the hospital by my sister without a parental guardian to sign for me, I had to wait in a room for four hours before my Uncle showed up to sign for me to get some treatment. That was a long and scarring process that I wont soon forget.

So yes. Happy OJ day and all that shit. I'll look down at my leg and remember that I have a scar that is 15 years old. God damn, I know why I'm tired these days. It's cause I'm fuckin' old!

No comments: