Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Different Coast But The Same Ol' Song: Gay Marriage

Different Coast But The Same Ol' Song: Gay Marriage And Banning Divorce

Whether you like it or not.. it's happening again. This time in a different coast, but the same ol' shit. It looks like Maine is under attack right now for allowing those crazy homosexuals to get married. I don't get this shit.. I really don't. It's beyond stupid but look at this shit happening yet again on the East Coast


Yeah, I'm pretty sick and tired of this shit also.

It really can't be a good anti-gay advert without having the typical "Stay Away From My Kids" yelling somewhere in there. Oh my goodness.. Won't anyone think of the children?! Not in our schools! What exactly is 'homosexual marriage taught in schools'? Is it telling kids that it exist? That it's legally equivalent to straight marriage?

When exactly was straight marriage ever taught in schools? No one ever taught me how to obtain a wedding certificate and plan the ceremony and reception while stressing that I must only do this with a member of the opposite sex when I was in school.



Wait, check the tivo, honey, cause that sounds very familiar. Are you sure that we didn't just set the tivo to record all the time the episode airs cause I swear I've seen that before... Oh wait, we have seen it before.. Exactly word for word for it



I can't wait to overhear the sort of conversations that occur at the bingo games.

"My kid is taking a class in heterosexual marriage this semester, bill"
"Just make sure he doesn't major in it. The field is not as safe a bet as it once was."

To be honest, I have a B.A. in heterosexual studies and the only job I can get is a Westboro protester. So I come from experience when I advise you and your children in their college prep. You know what, fuck it. Let's just ban divorce.



It may be a satirical campaign going around, but it does make a lot of sense. Why don't we make divorce illegal in California. Sure, we'll lose out in a lot of court cost to getting the dotted line signed on ending your marriage, but if we're going on and on about the sanctity of marriage, we should at least treat it with some respect, don't you think?

RescueMarriage.org is running this campaign and I found it funny that news sites were curious as to if it was satire or serious material. Check out the site, it's kind of funny. I think it's just a bit disorienting because the image is about divorce instead of gay marriage, but it's almost always gay marriage that people are whining about, so you look for a gay marriage statement that isn't there in that logo, right.

You have to love that pro-"protect marriage" satire in that. But in reality, it's true. Why not just get rid of divorce, when you say till death, you mean that shit. Kill the other person in order to get your freedom again. Why the hell not. It means there's one less hypocrite in the world going on about marriage being so sacred.

In short, don't vote for this stupid law, Maine. I beg of you. I want to roll in and eat some lobster and get some chowder sometime without the urge to burn the small state to the fucking ground because you choose to take away someone's rights.

No comments: