Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ken burns Is Pretty Fucking Boring

Ken burns Is Pretty Fucking Boring

God damn, I want to care. I really do. I love the subject material. That is, I love parks. Especially National parks. But I really can't pull myself to give much of a shit about Ken Burn's National Park special on PBS that was on a few weeks back.

I love the national parks. I try to go visit the major huge ones a couple of times a year. Hiking through such untainted nature is really something special but sitting through scrolling images with very very VERY boring monotone voice over just put me to sleep.



Which I guess works for the whole idea of having something for when I can't sleep. That doesn't help when I'm trying to get my education on, now does it? Yes, Why, I do believe that the National Parks were a great idea that our Government had. I mean, why not. Make sure that there was land that we didn't rape and pillage for all that it is worth. Not for the reasons that it would be impossible in most cases and very impractical, but for the fact that it's a good escape from society.

Where else would crazy bombers go to get away from society? Sure, they'll mail an explosive or contaminated letter to some professor every few decades, but the spill over of crazies to the general population is very rare at best and you really have to ask for that sort of hate from someone so withdrawn from society.

But back to Ken Burns. His previous series on the Civil War... well, considering I'm not from the South, I really didn't have much connection or care for the war. Yes, it was over slaves and other heated debates of the time, but even that boring subject couldn't be helped by Ken burn's boring as hell documentary. There's really only one way to describe Ken Burn's style and that's through parody. So enjoy this..

Space Negros

2 comments:

JAF said...

Excellent or excelling if Inmay. Your video captured every or all aspects if you will of why my wife and I find Ken Burns boring.

We had tried and tried to like his "inconic" films but could not. We had begun to think that we were the only ones who thought that watching a Ken Burns film was like watching paint dry or harden if you will.

We couln't stop laughing.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the parody. It is hilarious, and almost too realistic.

Ken Burns has the special ability to put me to sleep even when covering very interesting topics. His s-l-o-w monotone voice, depressing take on historical events, emphasis on suffering and hardship, and overly ideological take on history get very tiring to watch.

Thanks again for the parody. I hope it makes it around the internet since Ken Burns has been in the news recently