Thursday, October 8, 2009

We Want The Funk

We Want The Funk

So why am I getting down with the funk? Well, funk is the music of the proletariat. You may think that the Blues is the music of the proletariat. Sorry blues, but Funk is when Blues reaches empowerment and becomes self aware.

James Mofo Brown


But come on, you gotta Give up that funk. Ow! We neeeeeeed the funk.



Just put a glide in your stride. A dip in your hip and come onto the mothership. OOOooowwww!



Cause we got a real type of thing goin' down. There's a whole lot of rhythm goin' round.



I wonder if Dave Chappelle ever feels bad that he accidentally diverted Rick Jame's legacy from being known as a successful and talented funk and soul singer and writer ofr 30 years to a drunk white fratboy screaming "I'm rick james, Bitch!" and "Fuck yo couch, nigger!" catch phrase?

Give it to me baby!


Dude chat time, Do you ever listen to a super funky jam and get depressed because of your own personal lack of funk? Man, that's a harsh thing to get over.



Rare funk music makes me feel great and also depressed. On one hand, It's the funk. On the other, these dudes are super fuckin' funky and they cut these dope ass records but a few years later nobody has ever heard of the golden toadstools. That's another harsh vibe, man.



When I went to the experience music project in Seattle, there was this funk section that was pretty cool. There was a giant fiberglass shoe, yo. But what you should take away from the music is that funk is black self-empowerment in a time of black oppression.

Bad Mamma Jamma!


I have to say, I saw George Clinton and Parliament funkadelic live and I say god damn, that was one of the best shows I've ever been to. They played for like 5 hours and I got to hi five bootsy. It was amazing.

Hit it and Quit it


Forget about Barry White or Marvin Gaye. If you really want to drive the ladies wild, you need to make love like an Al Green song; Slow and passionate, with lots of improvisation.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit


Can I get one (1) tall glass of funk over here, please.



Those pants need to come back in style in a bad way. I want to be a 10 foot tall funkadelic master.

Boogie Up


I know it's called the White House, but that's just a temporary condition, ya dig. It's gotta be called Chocolate city. Not for any other reason but I know my man Obama got down with the get down.

Boogie Down


I just ran out of things to say. So let's just get down to some funk, yo.

Daaaaamn, keepin' it fresh Yo


Let's take this Blog post that leads to the question, can god create a funk that is so psychedelic that he, himself, couldn't handle the funk? The answer is yes..

No comments: