Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops

It's here! It's here! Another generic war FPS to numb your mind from the world and all the evils. In fact, this one not only numbs it from the world, it actually highlights the truly awful aspects of it. I mean, more than Modern Combat 2.. Okay, maybe.

But seriously, you're a Black Ops warrior? Seriously? Do you need to glorify that? It was annoying enough that people played Call of Duty 2: Modern Combat without taking in the fact that the CIA fucks everything up, but in this case they're going to be playing essentially the role of Black Water, or as they call themselves now Xe. However the fuck you say that.

So now we get this, which might I add, is better propaganda than any actual Army recruitment video ever produced by the armed forces. I mean, seriously take a look at this shit.



I want to rip on this game so badly. I seriously want to just mock it like no one's business. I want to just jump on a server and spray all over the walls some political message or images that will be ignored while people shoot at me and call me a stupid fag newbie.

But you know what, I can't. I really can't. That ad is simply too awesome. I mean, seeing Kobe walk around with a gun and that one fat chick. I mean, she looked like the patriarchy had nothing on her while she walked around with a 12 gauge shot gun. It was all her and nothing was going to stop her.

Besides that, how can you hate on that ad when in the past this other Xbox ad was taken off the air because it showed the same thing.. Every day people shooting each other.. Only they did it without any guns.



But getting back to Call of Duty: Glorified War Zone. Did you know they actually went one step further for the promotion of this game and made a fucking Black Ops Jeep that you can actually buy.
'Black Ops' Jeep Imitates Videogame
As fans wait for the release of the new "Call of Duty: Black Ops" videogame, Chrysler Group LLC is turning out what may be the ultimate in automotive crossovers.
Bolstered by its starring role in the videogame, which comes out Monday night at midnight, Chrysler is shipping a limited edition 2011 Jeep Wrangler Call of Duty: Black Ops model to dealers in the real world. The auto maker plans to build between 2,500 and 3,000 of the limited-edition Wranglers, which feature Black Ops graphics on the roof and front quarter panels along with high-gloss mineral gray wheels. The two-door starts at $30,625, while the four-door is $33,500.

Unlike in the videogame, released by Activision Blizzard Inc., the real Jeep won't come with the TV-guided missile launcher.

"This is the first time we have produced a vehicle based on a videogame and it may be a first for the industry," said Jeep Chief Executive Mike Manley. "The outside looks stunning and although we focused on the outside of the vehicle with the Call of Duty badging and graphics, the limited edition still features the interior improvements we


What the hell. I know about upgrading your Xbox to get the theme based console but this is utterly insane. Who in their right mind will go out and buy a limited edition video game car? Well, besides those rich fuckers who will just buy anything.

I do have to admit that even though I own one, I never feel the desire to play online with Xbox live. I just can't justify paying for internet play on a monthly basis. That is why I never got into Warcraft and that's why I'm not getting into Xbox live. It's too much of a money pisser.

So oh well. Go out and buy the latest point and shoot war game. I'm sure it wont be replaced within 6 months with a newer, fresher version of the same game...

No comments: