Saturday, August 18, 2012

The American Dream - The American Nightmare

The American Dream - The American Nightmare

Let's take a moment to talk about the American dream. You know, that one of having a picket fence and a dog outside that home you just bought... the sad reality is that it's going to be something like this...



My goodness, I can never do these hidden images things. I give up, can anyone tell me where IS Waldo? This image is giving me a nasty case of vertigo. I mean, who wouldn't suffer some sort of illness if you were stuck in a death maze like that American dream? You know, home ownership! Isn't it grand?

The truth of the matter is that a track home layout like this is probably all empty at this moment and 80% of them are owned by the banks.

But even if there was actually people living in this sort of town, you have to wonder if people even walk around suburbs like this? I have a feeling that anyone who would attempt such a feat would get hopelessly lost. I guess that's why you drive everywhere in communities like this. Absolutely no one would be caught walking in a place like this.

In fact, it's so not friendly to pedestrians that walking at all is a suspicious activity. You will literally get stares and weird looks from people driving by if you're walking in a place like that without a dog - Sometimes even if you do have one. In a way I'm surprised they even bothered with footpaths in the construction blueprints. Then again, if they didn't then that would probably have ruined the value, or the perceived value.

I have cousins who, after living in Los Angeles for most of their lives, got moved into a community like this of track homes and now they seem to have had their social skills ripped from them as they don't typically like the outside world. I'm going to just blame it on the fact that you can't go outside of a house like that in the suburbs. It just doesn't happen.

And I saw and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat on him was debt. And Austerity followed with him. Thousand whisper of a low refinance rate.

DEATH
TO
AMERICA'S
DREAM

No comments: