Friday, March 8, 2013

Daft Punk

Daft Punk 

Last weekend when SNL did its typical limp to the barn, something amazing happened and it wasn't even part of the show. It was actually a commercial that aired during it. One for a certain little band and it was only 15 seconds of music from their upcoming album.

And even though it was 15 seconds only, it was still an amazing segment of television. Just take a listen;



It was very simple and used the glittery Daft Punk logo that we all have come to know so well. As well as finishing off with the image posted earlier when they made their Columbia Records deal official. 

I love that it sounds like Discovery. I mean, that album was one of my all time favorite albums. I would drive at night aimlessly to it. Yeah, it sounded like 70's disco, and while I can't judge the new sound based off 15 seconds, I do think that those 15 seconds sound like they're straight out of the 70's. I really wonder what the finished product is going to sound like.

All I know is that I'm going to their tour no matter what happens. That is a must.

No comments: